Hello! My name is Sarah.
I love decorating on the cheap.
I love Goodwill and thrift stores.
I love molding and the amazing difference it makes in any home.
I love being creative.
I love copying a $200 piece and making my own, but better, for less than $20.
I love New York City so much we got married there.
I love painting walls, furniture, the cat -- if it makes the cat look better.
I love NKOTB.
I love God and thank him daily for this life I lead.
I love you all for reading my goofiness.
And most of all, I love my husband and children, for their complete support, love and understanding (especially when it comes to NKOTB).

---------------------------------

I started this blog because I believe anyone and everyone should have a home they love, even though they may not have much to spend on it. You can have a lovely home without spending a ton of money. 
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Creativity has always been in my blood -- my family is full of artistic talents, builders and writers. I first dreamed of being an interior designer when I was 13 years old. That was after my teacher stage and before my decision to follow a career in writing.

My degrees are in journalism and public relations, and I enjoyed a ten year career in this field. Along the way, I loved decorating our home and helping friends with theirs. When I had our son seven years ago I was inspired by him. He made me want to follow my dreams.

So that I did. My wonderful husband supported me when I decided to quit my full time job and pursue my dream of interior decorating. I started working with a local design firm part time -- first as the owner's assistant, then as a decorator.

I loved that work -- it woke my creative juices even more and I love helping people make their homes more beautiful. But as this blog grew and grew, I knew my heart was here. Since mid-2009 I have focused completely on Thrifty Decor Chick and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It is has been a blessing -- this blog, the people I have met because of it, and the inspiration I get from my readers.

If this is your first time to TDC, you can check out some pics of our home here.

I hope you enjoy your time here and come back often!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top