Hello all! Thanks for the comments on the new door trim! I’m loving it as always. Yesterday I started one of my last big projects in the room – the new window trim. It’s all installed and now I’m starting the caulking, filling and many coats of paint. :) And I’m EXCITED because our new French door should be in this week – so we will have a completely finished space very very SOON. Goodness, I can’t wait.

I have to tell you – we have had an incredible fall around here. The trees are absolutely BURSTING with color this year! I know the intensity of the colors all depends on a certain mix of temps and rain and all that – so whatever happened this year was perfect because it’s been awhile since I’ve seen the trees look quite this vibrant.

We try to take advantage of all the fun stuff going on locally in Indiana during this time of year – there are SO many cool things we do every year. One of our traditions has been a trip to Nashville Indiana for a day – usually we stop by on our way home from our family weekend every fall but we ended up in Kentucky for that this year.

So we decided to take a trip down for a day to take everything in. It was an absolutely perfect time to see all the color. If you haven’t been to the Brown County area before and you’re within driving distance I highly recommend it. It’s great any time of the year – I really want to stay in a cabin in the winter sometime. But the fall is when this area really shines:

Nashville Indiana

The main street in Nashville is lined with TONS of shops and restaurants:

fall Nashville Indiana

There’s so many you can’t get through it all in one day.

It was a little chilly and we got some rain a couple times, but overall a lovely day. We walked up and down taking it all in:

Nashville Indiana in fall

We went to a few new-to-us places this year – the Rock Shop was one. We grabbed a bag of dirt and then took it over to “mine” it:

mining for rocks Nashville Indiana

One small bag contains a ton of beautiful rocks and fossils. We had a blast doing that – my son is now obsessed with rocks and it made me happy because I used to love them too. :)

The shops are all small and most are located in old homes and buildings. You’ll find handmade brooms:

Nashville Indiana shopping

Aren’t they beautiful?

There are a couple Christmas shops and we stop in one every year to add to the Bub’s Christmas village:

Nashville Indiana Christmas shops

And just fun little trinkets and gifts everywhere:

:) You’ll find wineries, breweries and amazing little treats like cinnamon sugar biscuits with apple butter as well.

Every shop is decked out with fall and Halloween decor:

downtown Nashville Indiana

It’s just filled with quaint areas and beautiful spots everywhere you look:

Nashville Indiana

Nashville was packed that day but we still got around just fine. We walked around for about four hours and then took off to Brown County State Park just down the street:

Indiana fall foliage

I grew up camping in this park so it was fun to take my son through it. The views were absolutely STUNNING. I was literally gasping at the colors everywhere we looked.

The seven-year-old thought it was cool too, just not quite as much as mom. ;) Brown County State Park Indiana

The park has a couple lookouts you can climb up and get great shots (where I got the ones above) but there are tons of spots to pull over and get a great view:

Indiana fall colors

We walked up to this lookout and a young couple had literally just gotten engaged. She was saying yes as we walked up and it was PRECIOUS. I took their photo and then got one of my own:

Brown County State Park lookout

I don’t think people realize the beauty that Indiana holds:

Brown County Indiana

We’re not all cornfields. ;) Although those can be quite beautiful too.

For a few weeks out of the year we get a spectacular show from Mother Nature:

brown county state park Indiana

And at this time and every other time of the year, there’s no place I’d rather be. Can you blame me?:

fall trees Indiana We probably have another week or so of these colors – and in southern Indiana where Nashville and the park are maybe a little longer. The leaves are really starting to drop here in central Indiana and I’m extra sad about it this year. It’s been a lovely fall.

Have you traveled to Nashville or been to our pretty state in the fall? We’d love to have you. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top