Ohhhh I am sooo excited about this! I have been looking for new bedside lamps for, like, EVER. Like ohmygawd forever!

I found these for $20 each a month or so ago...and had to dwell on what I was going to do with them. I loved the shape of the bases and the shades, but the color was wrong for our bedroom:

The color was an easy fix. I spray painted them with my oil rubbed bronze paint (all the sudden I can't find this anywhere? Anyone else notice this?). It made a huge difference, but the shades needed something. Usually I cover my shades or add some bling to them, but I wanted to do something different.

It hit me. I used this:
(My large stencil I've used all over our family room.) And this:

(My stencil sponge.) I taped the stencil around the shade a couple times and did this:

Oh good Lord I love it! Here it is lit up:

Oh good Lord I love it more! Hubby's side, just because I love them so:


Seriously, it turned out exactly how I wanted. Squeal! I would have taken a pic of the whole bed with both of them but that would require making the bed. I do that about three times in a year, and this is not one of those times. Sorry 'bout ya.

I love how it looks different with the light on and off -- here's off:
And on:


I used regular paint (the wall color I had leftover) and a little bit of glaze. The glaze is not needed - I should have used more. (I wanted it to be a bit shimmery but it's not.)

Here's a peek at the old ones...

For more stencil fun:

Adding texture to your stencils.

How I stencil wall words.

P.S. I am eating a whole bag of popcorn.

P.P.S. Ummm...have you been to Hobby Lobby lately? Seen the Christmas decor out? Umkay. I'm so excited for the holidays I could pee, but seriously?

P.P.P.P.S.S. If you are not watching So You Think You Can Dance this season. GET to your DVR and set it for next week. Oh, how I love this show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top