I’m in the kitchen again…I know, don’t pass out. It happens occasionally. ;) I’m hosting a Christmas party for girlfriends tonight (we had to do it on a weeknight because this time of year is so crazy!) and we’re doing a cookie exchange as well.

I begged my sister to come over to help make some with me (she’s the baker). She was too busy but passed on her favorite snickerdoodle recipes she found here – it’s a quick and easy one and I had most everything on hand.

If you can’t tell by now quick prep and easy ingredients are my staples when it comes to cooking. I don’t share many recipes on the blog but when I do you know it’s good and easy to make!

Here’s what you’ll need for these easy snickerdoodle cookies:

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs (room temp)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (which I forgot to add and they are still wonderful)

For topping:

2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

I used my mixer for this recipe but the comments say you’ll get an even fluffier cookie mixing by hand. I was doing this quick so didn’t want to mess with that – and they still came out plenty fluffy. :)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream together the butter (1/2 c.), shortening (1/2 c.), sugar (1 1/2 c), two eggs and vanilla (2 teaspoons). Then blend in the flour (2 3/4 c.), cream of tartar (2 teaspoons), baking soda (1 teaspoon) and salt (1/4 teaspoon). Again, I forgot the salt so I don’t think it’s necessary.

The dough will be thick but easy to work with:

snickerdoodle cookies

I read after I was done that if you don’t have cream of tartar (which is one item I had to pick up) that you can substitute two teaspoons of lemon juice or vinegar for one teaspoon of the tartar – good to know!

After mixed well, shape them into balls and them roll them in the cinnamon sugar topping:

snickerdoodle cookies

Pop them in the oven for eight to ten minutes and that’s it! I did eight minutes on the dot for each batch and then immediately put them on another tray to cool. They are PERFECT.

The recipe says this makes 48 cookies but I made mine bigger so I ended up with about 30. We now have about 26 left. Oops.

easy snickerdoodle cookies

I think snickerdoodles are the perfect Christmas cookie! I’ve never made them before now and was surprised with how easy they were to make. Maybe baking isn’t that hard? ;)

Can’t wait to see what the girls bring tonight. I’m hoping we have enough of these left by then. I had one for breakfast:

easy snickerdoodle recipe

Do you have an easy Christmas cookie recipe you love? Feel free to share it in the comments!

I’m off to clean my entire house, whoot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top