It ain't got no alibi. Our shower is UGLY.

Yeah! Yeah! It's ugly!

The shower is the ONE item in our house I couldn't get our builders to budge on. The shower doors are CRAZY low. It's nuts! We both have to bend down to get out of the shower, or we'll bonk our heads. The builder swore up and down they couldn't get a taller shower door. Huh.

Anyhoo, until we completely tile the whole bathroom, including the shower, (which will be most likely in my dreams only), I had to figure out a solution to hide this nasty thing:


I know, I didn't even match the towels or hang them up nice for ya'll. Just keepin' it real. :)
For a while I considered making a shower curtain and couldn't decide if it would work well. Then, one day Shannon posted hers and it was exactly what I was thinking!! I knew I had to do it.

I used simple white terrycloth instead of decorative fabric, so I won't stress if it gets wet. I found some grosgrain ribbon that matched the room and used my hemming tape to make a large rectangle, just to add some detail:
A cheapy almond colored shower rod was transformed with oil rubbed bronze spray paint. I used drapery rings from Lowe's to hang the curtain:
It will be open 99 percent of the time -- I think the only time we'll close it is when we have company over. But I love it open and closed!
The only problem -- one thing leads to another and now I need white rugs. Argh!! Isn't that always the way?

I'm having another Linky party ladies -- show everyone your Goodwill/thrift store/garage sale transformations! Fun, eh? I'll link it up on Monday, May 4th, so you have plenty of time to find that perfect item and make it caaaute!

Also, if you've tried anything I've posted about, I'd love to see it! I love when you e-mail me and show me what you've done! I'm going to do a post and share all of your projects, so if you have something you want to share that I inspired you to do, please e-mail me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top