Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! I have gotten a ton done, and hope to still get more done this evening. I've done about ten loads of laundry. TEN people. Hate it with a burning, searing passion.

So for a little creative break, I worked on a quick project I've been wanting to do for a long time. Back when I showed you how to do my wallpaper art, many of you commented that you use wallpaper for many other projects too, including covering books. LOVED that idea!

On my Goodwill coffee table in our living room, I have a simple stack of books:

I always recommend taking the cover off your hardback books. It transforms them and makes them so much prettier. I've been pulling books from all over and from Goodwill, trying to make the sizes work just right. I'm a little DOCD (Decorating Obsessive Compulsive) about little things like that. I found plenty that work, but the problem was, I didn't like the color of the book, or the titles. I've told you before I have many, many issues.

I thought about using my wallpaper, but wanted something with a design. So I went to Hob Lob yesterday, coupon in hand, to find adorable wrapping paper, and wouldn't you know, they had nothin'. I mean, you've got to be kidding me nothin'. Because I was determined to find something, I checked out the fabric and found these:
Adorable. With just scissors and double sided tape in hand, I covered each book in the fabric. I just cut the fabric to size:
And then used the double sided tape to secure the fabric:
This does not hold extremely well, so if you want to be able to use the books, I'd recommend something like hot glue instead. Because we don't use these often, the tape works fine. Just keep in mind hot glue will ruin your Love to Last a Lifetime book from Goodwill though. Just so you know.

The result:
Oh how I love you, you purdy little books!! Soooo elegant!
Love them!!
Obviously, you could use just about anything to cover books. How cute would this be in a kitchen with cookbooks? Although I use mine all the time, so that may not work for me.

Snort.

**Just a little side note -- this is just a fun way to add some pop to a room. I love my uncovered books as much as anybody -- have them all over my house. This is a cheap and easy way to add some texture or color to a room if wanted. It's just for fun!

P.S. You may have noticed lately my little "blogicon" that shows up with my blog title in your browsing tabs, or in your bookmarks. Cara from RockSTARRMom.com was sooooo incredibly sweet to make one for me. I love it! Thank you Cara!!

P.P.S. If you have purchased a consult, I will get back to all of you this week!! Just a quick note to tell you all I'll be raising my consult rate just slightly -- probably next week. If you are interested in the consult for the $10 rate, get it to me this week! I'll give you warning before I raise the rates though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top