Life holds so many simple blessings, each day bringing its own individual wonder.
John McLeod

My day started with my alarm clock, aka the Bub, waking me at 8:30. I don't use a real alarm clock anymore. For this I am thankful.

A morning spent hanging with the Boy, taking our time, playing. For that I feel blessed.

Today I got our garage door fixed, did two loads of laundry, got our surround sound fixed, got McD's for lunch (YUM-O!), went to the post office, received a rare check from work (the decorating business does NOT pay well...not part time anyway), took a trip to Micheal's (ohhhh, dangerous!) and bought stuff I just plain wanted. For all of this, I am so thankful.

Got calls all day long from my sweet Hubby, checking in on my day, letting me know about his, saying hello to the Bub. For this, I feel so incredibly blessed.

Got my car washed, went to Lowe's and then the Bub and I went to dinner with two friends and their kids. We were a table of five kids and three Mommas, and we pretty much destroyed half of the restaurant. (This is why I tip well.) There were kids running everywhere, falling off chairs, refusing to eat, all eight of us talking at once, and it was SO fun. And for that, I am thankful. I'm even thankful for the lady who was giving us the evil eye...

Five of us went on a late night trip to Target, spent 30 minutes in the dollar area, then got so many groceries I couldn't even finish my list because the cart was so full. Spent almost an hour putting everything away when we got home. For this, I am so blessed.

Put the Boy to bed, with his new jammies, on his clean sheets, with his clean Froggy, and now am about to watch Kath and Kim (Gorg!) with a surround sound system that sounds awesome (thanks cable guy...for screwing up the whole system, I heart you). And for even the cable guy, I am thankful.

Tomorrow morning, the Boy and I will take our weekly trip out to breakfast for pancakes, eggs and bacon. He will make everyone in the restaurant smile, and for that I feel so blessed.

I know I haven't talked much about the Thanksgiving holiday, and I hope that doesn't make me sound ungrateful. I am so lucky for this life. I am so thankful for my home, my work, this blog and all of you, my family and friends, our kitties, my loving husband, my sweet step-daughter and my amazing two-year-old, who fills our lives with joy. I thank God every single day for these blessings, all year long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top